- Leave the plant in its nursery pot for a few days, if the soil is looking dry and leaves are drooping, water the plant and keep in a shady location for a day.
- Calathea like to have moist soil or planting substances, but not soggy.
- They do not want lots of water, as it can drown them. When you water a Calathea plant, do not water it so much that the plant ends up sitting in standing water.
Quick Tip: Mist your Calatheas with a spray bottle when the weather is dry. They love humidity
- A good potting mix consists of one part soil, two parts coco peat, one part perlite, and one part compost.
- Calathea plants need bright, but not direct, sunlight to grow. This is because they grow on the floor of jungles and forests where they get limited light through the tops of the trees. In fact, direct sunlight will burn the leaves of a Calathea plant and cause it to lose its vibrant colors.
Don't keep the prayer plant in direct sunlight, it will burn their leaves
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Great and healthy plant received! But the wait for it was a little long. Will shop for more plants.
The plant had only one heathy and fresh leaf when I received it. All others were partially or completely burnt. However, now it is thriving and has started growing new leaves.
its been over 3 weeks i purchased them. got a healthy plant and its growing like crazy.. amazing!!
What a wonderful shipment this was. Perfect packaging and an intact plant with no damage whatsoever. Also, one of the healthiest plant I have ever received in courier. Really impressed.
Was shipped in excellent condition! Not a single leaf damaged! So thrilled! Spectacular foliage!