Plant size: Height is about 12 inches + as in the picture with 2-3 rosettes (As they are plants, they may look a bit different than in the picture)
Pot size: 5 inch nursery pot
Prayer plants are a popular plant among home gardeners, but they can be a little tougher to keep happy than your average houseplant. But with proper care and condition, they are sure to paint your space wonderfully.
Initial Care (After receiving the plant)
- Leave the plant in its nursery pot for a few days, if the soil is looking dry and leaves are drooping, water the plant and keep in a shady location for a day.
- Calathea like to have moist soil or planting substances, but not soggy.
- They do not want lots of water, as it can drown them. When you water a Calathea plant, do not water it so much that the plant ends up sitting in standing water.
Quick Tip: Mist your Calatheas with a spray bottle when the weather is dry. They love humidity
- A good potting mix consists of one part soil, two parts coco peat, one part perlite, and one part compost.
- Calathea plants need bright, but not direct, sunlight to grow. This is because they grow on the floor of jungles and forests where they get limited light through the tops of the trees. In fact, direct sunlight will burn the leaves of a Calathea plant and cause it to lose its vibrant colors.
Don't keep the prayer plant in direct sunlight, it will burn their leaves