Plant size: 4-5 inch spread, busy as in picture. The white one can be a bit small due to it’s nature.
Pot size: 3.5 inch nursery planter
looking for a vibrant plant for your tabletop? Well Polka Dot Plant (hypoestes phyllostachya) is here for you. They are super easy to grow and propagate.
Initial Care (After receiving the plant)
- Leave the plant in its nursery pot for a few days, if the soil is looking dry and leaves are drooping, water the plant and keep in a shady location for a day.
- They love evenly moist soil.
- They do not want lots of water, as it can drown them. It will rot their roots.
- A good potting mix consists of one part soil, two parts coco peat, one part perlite, and one part compost.
- Bright indirect light is best for their colors.
- If not provided with good light, they may loose it’s color and become lanky.
Don't keep in a dark corner, they will loose it’s color.
- Do not overwater.